Polling is a great way to quickly gather information or compile the preference of meeting participants. You can save the collected information to analyze the result after the meeting as well.
i. Create a Poll
A poll in Microsoft Lync Online communications software consists of one question and up to seven possible answers. A meeting can contain many polls, but only one poll at a time can appear on the sharing stage, visible to all meeting participants.
1. In the meeting window, click the [Share] menu, select [New Poll].
2. When the [Create a Poll] dialog box opens, type a name for your poll, your question, and two or more possible answers.
3. Click [OK]. If no one else in the meeting is sharing, your poll appears immediately to everyone in the meeting with the words ‘Polls are open’ at the bottom of the stage. If other sharing is taking place, you have the option to share your poll immediately, which would end the current sharing session, or save your poll in the content bin for later.
ii. Show or Hide a Poll
As people respond to the poll, you and other meeting presenters will see the results in real time.
1. To allow everyone in the meeting to watch the results, click the [Show results to everyone] button at the bottom of the stage.
2. To allow only presenter to watch the results, click the [Hide results from attendees] button.
iii. Editing a poll that’s currently being shared
Presenters can change a poll’s question or choices, either while polling is open (this restarts the poll) or privately, away from the general view. In either case, editing a poll erases any previous votes.
1. At the bottom of the sharing stage, click the [Edit poll] question and choices button.
2. Make your changes, and then click OK to make the changes public.
iv. Editing a poll that’s hidden
1. If the sharing stage isn’t open, click the [Share] menu, and then click Show Stage.
2. Click [Content List] at the top of the stage, click the arrow next to the poll you want to edit, and then click [View Privately].
3. Click the [Edit poll] question and choices button.
4. Make your changes and then click [OK]. To start the edited poll, click the [Open poll for everyone to vote] button.
v. Save poll results
You can save a Lync Online poll as a CSV file. CSV files can be opened in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software, which offers many types of charts for presenting the polling results. There are different ways to save the results of a poll. Below steps will discuss two different ways.
Saving the results of a poll that’s currently visible in the sharing stage
1. At the bottom of the sharing stage, click the Save poll button.
2. Type a file name, select the file type that you want, and then click [Save].
Saving the results of a poll when the sharing stage is hidden
1. In the meeting window, click the [Share] menu, and then click [Show Stage].
2. Click [Content List] , click the arrow next to the poll that you want to save, and the click [Save As].